Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Remove Unwanted Popups in XP

Once and a while you may get a popup or two when your browser is closed. These are not from the site you are on or from Windows. This is usualy result of spyware that pulls them and other stuff (spyware ect.) off a server straight to your computer! Lucky for you and me this can be easily fixed and this worked for me.

1. Right click My Computer and select Manager.
2. In the console that opens click Services and Applications and then click services.
3. Select messanger service and turn it off. also set the startup type for Messanger Service to Disabled.

1 comment:

  1. My messanger server is diabled, however; I get a pop up that comes at random its a "Date sexy girls" type of ad. How do I get rid of that trogan? Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete